Dictionary Results for testing|
1. testing - noun
· the act of subjecting to experimental test in order to determine how well something works; "they agreed to end the testing of atomic weapons"
Hypernym(s): experiment, experimentation
2. testing - noun
· an examination of the characteristics of something; "there are laboratories for commercial testing"; "it involved testing thousands of children for smallpox"
Hypernym(s): examination, scrutiny
3. testing - noun
· the act of giving students or candidates a test (as by questions) to determine what they know or have learned
Hypernym(s): investigation, investigating
4. test - verb
· put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
Synonym(s): prove, try, try_out, examine, essay
Hypernym(s): evaluate, pass_judgment, judge
5. test - verb
· test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
6. test - verb
· examine someone's knowledge of something; "The teacher tests us every week"; "We got quizzed on French irregular verbs"
7. test - verb
· show a certain characteristic when tested; "He tested positive for HIV"
8. test - verb
· achieve a certain score or rating on a test; "She tested high on the LSAT and was admitted to all the good law schools"
9. test - verb
· determine the presence or properties of (a substance)
Hypernym(s): determine, check, find_out, see, ascertain, watch, learn
10. test - verb
· undergo a test; "She doesn't test well"
Hypernym(s): take, submit
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.