Dictionary Results for telling|
1. telling - noun
· an act of narration; "he was the hero according to his own relation"; "his endless recounting of the incident eventually became unbearable"
Synonym(s): relation, recounting
Hypernym(s): narration, recital, yarn
2. telling - noun
· informing by words
Synonym(s): apprisal, notification
Hypernym(s): informing, making_known
3. telling - noun
· disclosing information or giving evidence about another
Synonym(s): tattle, singing
Hypernym(s): disclosure, revelation, revealing
4. tell - verb
· express in words; "He said that he wanted to marry her"; "tell me what is bothering you"; "state your opinion"; "state your name"
Synonym(s): state, say
Hypernym(s): express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give_tongue_to
5. tell - verb
· let something be known; "Tell them that you will be late"
6. tell - verb
· narrate or give a detailed account of; "Tell what happened"; "The father told a story to his child"
Synonym(s): narrate, recount, recite
7. tell - verb
· give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority; "I said to him to go home"; "She ordered him to do the shopping"; "The mother told the child to get dressed"
Synonym(s): order, enjoin, say
8. tell - verb
· discern or comprehend; "He could tell that she was unhappy"
Hypernym(s): guess, infer
9. tell - verb
· inform positively and with certainty and confidence; "I tell you that man is a crook!"
Hypernym(s): affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear
10. tell - verb
· give evidence; "he was telling on all his former colleague"
11. tell - verb
· mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
Synonym(s): distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell_apart
Hypernym(s): identify, place
12. telling - adjective
· disclosing unintentionally something concealed; "a telling smile"; "a telltale panel of lights"; "a telltale patch of oil on the water marked where the boat went down"
Synonym(s): revealing, telltale
13. telling - adjective
· powerfully persuasive; "a cogent argument"; "a telling presentation"; "a weighty argument"
Synonym(s): cogent, weighty
14. telling - adjective
· producing a strong effect; "gave an impressive performance as Othello"; "a telling gesture"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.