1. swelling - noun
· an abnormal protuberance or localized enlargement
2. swelling - noun
· something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings; "the gun in his pocket made an obvious bulge"; "the hump of a camel"; "he stood on the rocky prominence"; "the occipital protuberance was well developed"; "the bony excrescence between its horns"
3. swelling - noun
· the increase in volume of certain substances when they are heated (often accompanied by release of water)
4. swell - verb
· increase in size, magnitude, number, or intensity; "The music swelled to a crescendo"
5. swell - verb
· become filled with pride, arrogance, or anger; "The mother was swelling with importance when she spoke of her son"
6. swell - verb
· expand abnormally; "The bellies of the starving children are swelling"
7. swell - verb
· come up (as of feelings and thoughts, or other ephemeral things); "Strong emotions welled up"; "Smoke swelled from it"
8. swell - verb
· come up, as of a liquid; "Tears well in her eyes"; "the currents well up"
9. swell - verb
· cause to become swollen; "The water swells the wood"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.