Dictionary Results for standing|
1. standing - noun
· social or financial or professional status or reputation; "of equal standing"; "a member in good standing"
Hypernym(s): status, position
2. standing - noun
· an ordered listing of scores or results showing the relative positions of competitors (individuals or teams) in a sporting event
Hypernym(s): list, listing
3. standing - noun
· the act of assuming or maintaining an erect upright position
Hypernym(s): motion, movement, move, motility
4. stand - verb
· be standing; be upright; "We had to stand for the entire performance!"
Antonym(s): sit, lie
5. stand - verb
· be in some specified state or condition; "I stand corrected"
6. stand - verb
· occupy a place or location, also metaphorically; "We stand on common ground"
7. stand - verb
· hold one's ground; maintain a position; be steadfast or upright; "I am standing my ground and won't give in!"
Hypernym(s): resist, hold_out, withstand, stand_firm
8. stand - verb
· put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
Synonym(s): digest, endure, stick_out, stomach, bear, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put_up
Hypernym(s): permit, allow, let, countenance
9. stand - verb
· have or maintain a position or stand on an issue; "Where do you stand on the War?"
Hypernym(s): evaluate, pass_judgment, judge
10. stand - verb
· remain inactive or immobile; "standing water"
Hypernym(s): stay, remain, rest
11. stand - verb
· be in effect; be or remain in force; "The law stands!"
12. stand - verb
· be tall; have a height of; copula; "She stands 6 feet tall"
13. stand - verb
· put into an upright position; "Can you stand the bookshelf up?"
Synonym(s): stand_up, place_upright
Hypernym(s): put, set, place, pose, position, lay
14. stand - verb
· withstand the force of something; "The trees resisted her"; "stand the test of time"; "The mountain climbers had to fend against the ice and snow"
Synonym(s): resist, fend
Hypernym(s): fight, oppose, fight_back, fight_down, defend
15. stand - verb
· be available for stud services; "male domestic animals such as stallions serve selected females"
Hypernym(s): serve, service
16. standing - adjective
· having a supporting base; "a standing lamp"
17. standing - adjective
· not created for a particular occasion; "a standing committee"
18. standing - adjective
· (of fluids) not moving or flowing; "mosquitoes breed in standing water"
19. standing - adjective
· executed in or initiated from a standing position; "race from a standing start"; "a standing jump"; "a standing ovation"
20. standing - adjective
· (of persons) on the feet; having the torso in an erect position supported by straight legs; "standing room only"
21. standing - adjective
· permanent; "a standing army"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.