1. square - noun
· (geometry) a plane rectangle with four equal sides and four right angles; a four-sided regular polygon; "you can compute the area of a square if you know the length of its sides"
2. square - noun
· the product of two equal terms; "nine is the second power of three"; "gravity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance"
3. square - noun
· an open area at the meeting of two or more streets
4. square - noun
· something approximating the shape of a square
5. square - noun
· someone who doesn't understand what is going on
6. square - noun
· a formal and conservative person with old-fashioned views
7. square - noun
· any artifact having a shape similar to a plane geometric figure with four equal sides and four right angles; "a checkerboard has 64 squares"
8. square - noun
· a hand tool consisting of two straight arms at right angles; used to construct or test right angles; "the carpenter who built this room must have lost his square"
9. square - verb
· make square; "Square the circle"; "square the wood with a file"
10. square - verb
· raise to the second power
11. square - verb
· cause to match, as of ideas or acts
12. square - verb
· position so as to be square; "He squared his shoulders"
13. square - verb
· be compatible with; "one idea squares with another"
14. square - verb
· pay someone and settle a debt; "I squared with him"
15. square - verb
· turn the paddle; in canoeing
16. square - verb
· turn the oar, while rowing
17. square - adjective
· having four equal sides and four right angles or forming a right angle; "a square peg in a round hole"; "a square corner"
18. square - adjective
· characterized by honesty and fairness; "straight dealing"; "a square deal"
19. square - adjective
· providing abundant nourishment; "a hearty meal"; "good solid food"; "ate a substantial breakfast"; "four square meals a day"
20. square - adjective
· leaving no balance; "my account with you is now all square"
21. square - adjective
· without evasion or compromise; "a square contradiction"; "he is not being as straightforward as it appears"
22. square - adjective
· rigidly conventional or old-fashioned
23. square - adverb
· in a straight direct way; "looked him squarely in the eye"; "ran square into me"
24. square - adverb
· in a square shape; "a squarely cut piece of paper"; "folded the sheet of paper square"
25. square - adverb
· firmly and solidly; "hit the ball squarely"; "the bat met the ball squarely"; "planted his great bulk square before his enemy"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.