Dictionary Results for spur|
1. spur - noun
· a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something; "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves"
Synonym(s): goad, goading, prod, prodding, urging, spurring
2. spur - noun
· any sharply pointed projection
Synonym(s): spine, acantha
3. spur - noun
· tubular extension at the base of the corolla in some flowers
Hypernym(s): plant_process, enation
4. spur - noun
· a sharp prod fixed to a rider's heel and used to urge a horse onward; "cowboys know not to squat with their spurs on"
Hypernym(s): prod, goad
5. spur - noun
· a railway line connected to a trunk line
Synonym(s): branch_line, spur_track
Hypernym(s): line, railway_line, rail_line
6. spur - verb
· incite or stimulate; "The Academy was formed to spur research"
Hypernym(s): promote, advance, boost, further, encourage
7. spur - verb
· give heart or courage to
8. spur - verb
· strike with a spur
9. spur - verb
· goad with spurs; "the rider spurred his horse"
10. spur - verb
· equip with spurs; "spur horses"
Hypernym(s): equip, fit, fit_out, outfit
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.