Dictionary Results for sport|
1. sport - noun
· an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
Hypernym(s): diversion, recreation
2. sport - noun
· the occupation of athletes who compete for pay
Hypernym(s): occupation, business, job, line_of_work, line
3. sport - noun
· (Maine colloquial) a temporary summer resident of Maine
Hypernym(s): vacationer, vacationist
4. sport - noun
· a person known for the way she (or he) behaves when teased or defeated or subjected to trying circumstances; "a good sport"; "a poor sport"
Hypernym(s): person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
5. sport - noun
· someone who engages in sports
Synonym(s): sportsman, sportswoman
Hypernym(s): athlete, jock
6. sport - noun
· (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
Synonym(s): mutant, mutation, variation
Hypernym(s): organism, being
7. sport - noun
· verbal wit or mockery (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously); "he became a figure of fun"; "he said it in sport"
Synonym(s): fun, play
Hypernym(s): wit, humor, humour, witticism, wittiness
8. sport - verb
· wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner; "she was sporting a new hat"
Synonym(s): feature, boast
Hypernym(s): have, feature
9. sport - verb
· play boisterously; "The children frolicked in the garden"; "the gamboling lambs in the meadows"; "The toddlers romped in the playroom"
Synonym(s): frolic, lark, rollick, skylark, disport, cavort, gambol, frisk, romp, run_around, lark_about
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.