Dictionary Results for softness|
1. softness - noun
· the property of giving little resistance to pressure and being easily cut or molded
Hypernym(s): consistency, consistence, substance, body
2. softness - noun
· poor physical condition; being out of shape or out of condition (as from a life of ease and luxury)
Hypernym(s): ill_health, unhealthiness, health_problem
3. softness - noun
· the quality of weather that is deliciously mild and soothing; "the day's heat faded into balminess"; "the climate had the softness of the south of France"
Hypernym(s): mildness, clemency
4. softness - noun
· a state of declining economic condition; "orders have recently picked up after a period of extreme softness"; "he attributes the disappointing results to softness in the economy"
5. softness - noun
· a sound property that is free from loudness or stridency; "and in softness almost beyond hearing"
6. softness - noun
· a visual property that is subdued and free from brilliance or glare; "the softness of the morning sky"
7. softness - noun
· acting in a manner that is gentle and mild and even-tempered; "his fingers have learned gentleness"; "suddenly her gigantic power melted into softness for the baby"; "even in the pulpit there are moments when mildness of manner is not enough"
Synonym(s): gentleness, mildness
Hypernym(s): manner, personal_manner
8. softness - noun
· the quality of being indistinct and without sharp outlines
Synonym(s): indistinctness, blurriness, fogginess, fuzziness
Hypernym(s): opacity, opaqueness
9. softness - noun
· the trait of being effeminate (derogatory of a man); "the students associated science with masculinity and arts with effeminacy"; "Spartans accused Athenians of effeminateness"; "he was shocked by the softness of the atmosphere surrounding the young prince, arising from the superfluity of the femininity that guided him"
Synonym(s): effeminacy, effeminateness, sissiness, womanishness, unmanliness
Hypernym(s): femininity, muliebrity
10. softness - noun
· a disposition to be lenient in judging others; "softness is not something permitted of good leaders"
Hypernym(s): indulgence, lenience, leniency
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.