1. smooth - noun
· the act of smoothing; "he gave his hair a quick smooth"
2. smooth - verb
· make smooth or smoother, as if by rubbing; "smooth the surface of the wood"
3. smooth - verb
· make (a surface) shine; "shine the silver, please"; "polish my shoes"
4. smooth - verb
· free from obstructions; "smooth the way towards peace negotiations"
5. smooth - adjective
· having a surface free from roughness or bumps or ridges or irregularities; "smooth skin"; "a smooth tabletop"; "smooth fabric"; "a smooth road"; "water as smooth as a mirror"
6. smooth - adjective
· smoothly agreeable and courteous with a degree of sophistication; "he was too politic to quarrel with so important a personage"; "the manager pacified the customer with a smooth apology for the error"
7. smooth - adjective
· of the margin of a leaf shape; not broken up into teeth
8. smooth - adjective
· smooth and unconstrained in movement; "a long, smooth stride"; "the fluid motion of a cat"; "the liquid grace of a ballerina"
9. smooth - adjective
· (music) without breaks between notes; smooth and connected; "a legato passage"
10. smooth - adjective
· of motion that runs or flows or proceeds without jolts or turbulence; "a smooth ride"
11. smooth - adjective
· lacking obstructions or difficulties; "the bill's path through the legislature was smooth and orderly"
12. smooth - adjective
· (of a body of water) free from disturbance by heavy waves; "a ribbon of sand between the angry sea and the placid bay"; "the quiet waters of a lagoon"; "a lake of tranquil blue water reflecting a tranquil blue sky"; "a smooth channel crossing"; "scarcely a ripple on the still water"; "unruffled water"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.