Dictionary Results for smashing|
1. smashing - noun
· the act of breaking something into small pieces
Hypernym(s): breakage, break, breaking
2. smash - verb
· hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
Synonym(s): nail, boom, blast
3. smash - verb
· break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over; "Smash a plate"
4. smash - verb
· reduce to bankruptcy; "My daughter's fancy wedding is going to break me!"; "The slump in the financial markets smashed him"
Synonym(s): bankrupt, ruin, break
5. smash - verb
· hit violently; "She smashed her car against the guard rail"
Hypernym(s): hit, strike
6. smash - verb
· humiliate or depress completely; "She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"; "The death of her son smashed her"
Hypernym(s): humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase
7. smash - verb
· damage or destroy as if by violence; "The teenager banged up the car of his mother"
Synonym(s): bang_up, smash_up
8. smash - verb
· hit (a tennis ball) in a powerful overhead stroke
9. smash - verb
· collide or strike violently and suddenly; "The motorcycle smashed into the guard rail"
Hypernym(s): collide, clash
10. smash - verb
· overthrow or destroy (something considered evil or harmful); "The police smashed the drug ring after they were tipped off"
Hypernym(s): demolish, destroy
11. smash - verb
· break suddenly into pieces, as from a violent blow; "The window smashed"
Hypernym(s): break, separate, split_up, fall_apart, come_apart
12. smashing - adjective
· very good; "he did a bully job"; "a neat sports car"; "had a great time at the party"; "you look simply smashing"; "we had a grand old time"
Synonym(s): bang-up, bully, corking, cracking, dandy, great, groovy, keen, neat, nifty, not_bad, peachy, slap-up, swell, old
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.