Dictionary Results for skin|
1. skin - noun
· a natural protective body covering and site of the sense of touch; "your skin is the largest organ of your body"
Synonym(s): tegument, cutis
Hypernym(s): connective_tissue, body_covering
2. skin - noun
· an outer surface (usually thin); "the skin of an airplane"
3. skin - noun
· body covering of a living animal
Synonym(s): hide, pelt
4. skin - noun
· a person's skin regarded as their life; "he tried to save his skin"
Hypernym(s): animation, life, living, aliveness
5. skin - noun
· a member of any of several British or American groups consisting predominantly of young people who shave their heads; some engage in white supremacist and anti-immigrant activities and this leads to the perception that all skinheads are racist and violent
Hypernym(s): bully, tough, hooligan, ruffian, roughneck, rowdy, yob, yobo, yobbo
6. skin - noun
· a person whose head is bald or shaved
Synonym(s): baldhead, baldpate, baldy, skinhead
Hypernym(s): person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
7. skin - noun
· the rind of a fruit or vegetable
8. skin - noun
· a bag serving as a container for liquids; it is made from the hide of an animal
9. skin - verb
· climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
Synonym(s): clamber, scramble, shin, shinny, struggle, sputter
10. skin - verb
· bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of; "The boy skinned his knee when he fell"
Hypernym(s): injure, wound
11. skin - verb
· remove the bark of a tree
12. skin - verb
· strip the skin off; "pare apples"
Synonym(s): peel, pare
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.