1. shy - noun
· a quick throw; "he gave the ball a shy to the first baseman"
2. shy - verb
· start suddenly, as from fright
3. shy - verb
· throw quickly
4. shy - adjective
· lacking self-confidence; "stood in the doorway diffident and abashed"; "problems that call for bold not timid responses"; "a very unsure young man"
5. shy - adjective
· short; "eleven is one shy of a dozen"
6. shy - adjective
· wary and distrustful; disposed to avoid persons or things; "shy of strangers"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.