1. show - verb
· give an exhibition of to an interested audience; "She shows her dogs frequently"; "We will demo the new software in Washington"
2. show - verb
· establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
3. show - verb
· provide evidence for; "The blood test showed that he was the father"; "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
4. show - verb
· make visible or noticeable; "She showed her talent for cooking"; "Show me your etchings, please"
5. show - verb
· show in, or as in, a picture; "This scene depicts country life"; "the face of the child is rendered with much tenderness in this painting"
6. show - verb
· give expression to; "She showed her disappointment"
7. show - verb
· indicate a place, direction, person, or thing; either spatially or figuratively; "I showed the customer the glove section"; "He pointed to the empty parking space"; "he indicated his opponents"
8. show - verb
· be or become visible or noticeable; "His good upbringing really shows"; "The dirty side will show"
9. show - verb
· indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments; "The thermometer showed thirteen degrees below zero"; "The gauge read `empty'"
10. show - verb
· give evidence of, as of records; "The diary shows his distress that evening"
11. show - verb
· take (someone) to their seats, as in theaters or auditoriums; "The usher showed us to our seats"
12. show - verb
· finish third or better in a horse or dog race; "he bet $2 on number six to show"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.