1. shorten - verb
· make shorter than originally intended; reduce or retrench in length or duration; "He shortened his trip due to illness"
2. shorten - verb
· reduce in scope while retaining essential elements; "The manuscript must be shortened"
3. shorten - verb
· make short or shorter; "shorten the skirt"; "shorten the rope by a few inches"
4. shorten - verb
· become short or shorter; "In winter, the days shorten"
5. shorten - verb
· edit by omitting or modifying parts considered indelicate; "bowdlerize a novel"
6. shortened - adjective
· cut short; "a sawed-off shotgun"; "a sawed-off broomstick"; "the shortened rope was easier to use"
7. shortened - adjective
· cut short in duration; "the abbreviated speech"; "her shortened life was clearly the result of smoking"; "an unsatisfactory truncated conversation"
8. shortened - adjective
· shortened by or as if by means of parts that slide one within another or are crushed one into another; "a miracle that anyone survived in the telescoped cars"; "years that seemed telescoped like time in a dream"
9. shortened - adjective
· with parts removed; "the drastically cut film"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.