1. shifting - noun
· the act of moving from one place to another; "his constant shifting disrupted the class"
2. shift - verb
· make a shift in or exchange of; "First Joe led; then we switched"
3. shift - verb
· change place or direction; "Shift one's position"
4. shift - verb
· move around; "transfer the packet from his trouser pockets to a pocket in his jacket"
5. shift - verb
· move very slightly; "He shifted in his seat"
6. shift - verb
· move from one setting or context to another; "shift the emphasis"; "shift one's attention"
7. shift - verb
· change in quality; "His tone shifted"
8. shift - verb
· move and exchange for another; "shift the date for our class reunion"
9. shift - verb
· move sideways or in an unsteady way; "The ship careened out of control"
10. shift - verb
· move abruptly; "The ship suddenly lurched to the left"
11. shift - verb
· use a shift key on a keyboard; "She could not shift so all her letters are written in lower case"
12. shift - verb
· change phonetically as part of a systematic historical change; "Grimm showed how the consonants shifted"
13. shift - verb
· change gears; "you have to shift when you go down a steep hill"
14. shift - verb
· lay aside, abandon, or leave for another; "switch to a different brand of beer"; "She switched psychiatrists"; "The car changed lanes"
15. shifting - adjective
· continuously varying; "taffeta with shifting colors"
16. shifting - adjective
· changing position or direction; "he drifted into the shifting crowd"; "their nervous shifting glances"; "shifty winds"
17. shifting - adjective
· (of soil) unstable; "shifting sands"; "unfirm earth"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.