1. separate - verb
· act as a barrier between; stand between; "The mountain range divides the two countries"
2. separate - verb
· force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
3. separate - verb
· mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
4. separate - verb
· separate into parts or portions; "divide the cake into three equal parts"; "The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
5. separate - verb
· divide into components or constituents; "Separate the wheat from the chaff"
6. separate - verb
· arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
7. separate - verb
· make a division or separation
8. separate - verb
· discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
9. separate - verb
· go one's own way; move apart; "The friends separated after the party"
10. separate - verb
· become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart"
11. separate - verb
· treat differently on the basis of sex or race
12. separate - verb
· come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
13. separate - verb
· divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
14. separated - adjective
· being or feeling set or kept apart from others; "she felt detached from the group"; "could not remain the isolated figure he had been"- Sherwood Anderson; "thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"; "had a set-apart feeling"
15. separated - adjective
· spaced apart
16. separated - adjective
· separated at the joint; "a dislocated knee"; "a separated shoulder"
17. separated - adjective
· no longer connected or joined; "a detached part"; "on one side of the island was a hugh rock, almost detached"; "the separated spacecraft will return to their home bases"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.