Dictionary Results for screening|
1. screening - noun
· the display of a motion picture
Synonym(s): showing, viewing
2. screening - noun
· fabric of metal or plastic mesh
Hypernym(s): fabric, cloth, material, textile
3. screening - noun
· the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft"
Synonym(s): cover, covering, masking
Hypernym(s): concealment, concealing, hiding
4. screening - noun
· testing objects or persons in order to identify those with particular characteristics
5. screen - verb
· test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
6. screen - verb
· examine methodically; "screen the suitcases"
Hypernym(s): analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass
7. screen - verb
· examine in order to test suitability; "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
Synonym(s): screen_out, sieve, sort
Hypernym(s): choose, take, select, pick_out
8. screen - verb
· project onto a screen for viewing; "screen a film"
9. screen - verb
· prevent from entering; "block out the strong sunlight"
Hypernym(s): obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close_up
10. screen - verb
· separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
Hypernym(s): sift, sieve, strain
11. screen - verb
· protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.