1. scratching - noun
· a harsh noise made by scraping; "the scrape of violin bows distracted her"
2. scratch - verb
· cause friction; "my sweater scratches"
3. scratch - verb
· cut the surface of; wear away the surface of
4. scratch - verb
· scrape or rub as if to relieve itching; "Don't scratch your insect bites!"
5. scratch - verb
· postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled; "Call off the engagement"; "cancel the dinner party"; "we had to scrub our vacation plans"; "scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
6. scratch - verb
· remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line; "Please strike this remark from the record"; "scratch that remark"
7. scratch - verb
· gather (money or other resources) together over time; "She had scraped together enough money for college"; "they scratched a meager living"
8. scratch - verb
· carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the trophy cup with the winner's name"; "the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.