Dictionary Results for scratching|
1. scratching - noun
· a harsh noise made by scraping; "the scrape of violin bows distracted her"
Synonym(s): scrape, scraping, scratch
2. scratch - verb
· cause friction; "my sweater scratches"
Synonym(s): rub, fray, fret, chafe
Hypernym(s): touch, adjoin, meet, contact
3. scratch - verb
· cut the surface of; wear away the surface of
Synonym(s): scrape, scratch_up
4. scratch - verb
· scrape or rub as if to relieve itching; "Don't scratch your insect bites!"
Synonym(s): rub, itch
5. scratch - verb
· postpone indefinitely or annul something that was scheduled; "Call off the engagement"; "cancel the dinner party"; "we had to scrub our vacation plans"; "scratch that meeting--the chair is ill"
Synonym(s): cancel, call_off, scrub
6. scratch - verb
· remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line; "Please strike this remark from the record"; "scratch that remark"
Synonym(s): strike, expunge, excise
Hypernym(s): delete, cancel
7. scratch - verb
· gather (money or other resources) together over time; "She had scraped together enough money for college"; "they scratched a meager living"
Synonym(s): scrape, scrape_up, come_up
Hypernym(s): roll_up, collect, accumulate, pile_up, amass, compile, hoard
8. scratch - verb
· carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "engrave a pen"; "engraved the trophy cup with the winner's name"; "the lovers scratched their names into the bark of the tree"
Synonym(s): engrave, grave, inscribe
Hypernym(s): carve, chip_at
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.