Dictionary Results for scraping|
1. scraping - noun
· (usually plural) a fragment scraped off of something and collected; "they collected blood scrapings for analysis"
2. scraping - noun
· a harsh noise made by scraping; "the scrape of violin bows distracted her"
Synonym(s): scrape, scratch, scratching
3. scraping - noun
· a deep bow with the foot drawn backwards (indicating excessive humility); "all that bowing and scraping did not impress him"
Hypernym(s): bow, bowing, obeisance
4. scrape - verb
· scratch repeatedly; "The cat scraped at the armchair"
5. scrape - verb
· make by scraping; "They scraped a letter into the stone"
Hypernym(s): make, create
6. scrape - verb
· cut the surface of; wear away the surface of
Synonym(s): scratch, scratch_up
7. scrape - verb
· bend the knees and bow in a servile manner
Synonym(s): kowtow, genuflect
8. scrape - verb
· gather (money or other resources) together over time; "She had scraped together enough money for college"; "they scratched a meager living"
Synonym(s): scrape_up, scratch, come_up
Hypernym(s): roll_up, collect, accumulate, pile_up, amass, compile, hoard
9. scrape - verb
· bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of; "The boy skinned his knee when he fell"
Hypernym(s): injure, wound
10. scrap - verb
· dispose of (something useless or old); "trash these old chairs"; "junk an old car"; "scrap your old computer"
Synonym(s): trash, junk
Hypernym(s): discard, fling, toss, toss_out, toss_away, chuck_out, cast_aside, dispose, throw_out, cast_out, throw_away, cast_away, put_away
11. scrap - verb
· have a disagreement over something; "We quarreled over the question as to who discovered America"; "These two fellows are always scrapping over something"
Synonym(s): quarrel, dispute, argufy, altercate
Hypernym(s): argue, contend, debate, fence
12. scrap - verb
· make into scrap or refuse; "scrap the old airplane and sell the parts"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.