Dictionary Results for scale|
1. scale - noun
· an ordered reference standard; "judging on a scale of 1 to 10"
Synonym(s): scale_of_measurement, graduated_table, ordered_series
Hypernym(s): standard, criterion, measure, touchstone
2. scale - noun
· relative magnitude; "they entertained on a grand scale"
Hypernym(s): magnitude_relation, quantitative_relation
3. scale - noun
· the ratio between the size of something and a representation of it; "the scale of the map"; "the scale of the model"
4. scale - noun
· a specialized leaf or bract that protects a bud or catkin
Hypernym(s): leaf, leafage, foliage
5. scale - noun
· a thin flake of dead epidermis shed from the surface of the skin
Synonym(s): scurf, exfoliation
Hypernym(s): bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap
6. scale - noun
· (music) a series of notes differing in pitch according to a specific scheme (usually within an octave)
7. scale - noun
· a measuring instrument for weighing; shows amount of mass
Hypernym(s): measuring_instrument, measuring_system, measuring_device
8. scale - noun
· an indicator having a graduated sequence of marks
9. scale - noun
· a metal sheathing of uniform thickness (such as the shield attached to an artillery piece to protect the gunners)
Synonym(s): plate, shell
10. scale - noun
· a flattened rigid plate forming part of the body covering of many animals
Hypernym(s): covering, natural_covering, cover
11. scale - verb
· measure by or as if by a scale; "This bike scales only 25 pounds"
12. scale - verb
· pattern, make, regulate, set, measure, or estimate according to some rate or standard
Hypernym(s): model, pattern
13. scale - verb
· take by attacking with scaling ladders; "The troops scaled the walls of the fort"
14. scale - verb
· reach the highest point of; "We scaled the Mont Blanc"
Hypernym(s): reach, make, attain, hit, arrive_at, gain
15. scale - verb
· climb up by means of a ladder
Hypernym(s): climb, climb_up, mount, go_up
16. scale - verb
· remove the scales from; "scale fish"
Hypernym(s): remove, take, take_away, withdraw
17. scale - verb
· measure with or as if with scales; "scale the gold"
Hypernym(s): quantify, measure
18. scale - verb
· size or measure according to a scale; "This model must be scaled down"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.