1. response - noun
· a result; "this situation developed in response to events in Africa"
2. response - noun
· a bodily process occurring due to the effect of some antecedent stimulus or agent; "a bad reaction to the medicine"; "his responses have slowed with age"
3. response - noun
· a statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation; "I waited several days for his answer"; "he wrote replies to several of his critics"
4. response - noun
· the manner in which something is greeted; "she did not expect the cold reception she received from her superiors"
5. response - noun
· a phrase recited or sung by the congregation following a versicle by the priest or minister
6. response - noun
· the speech act of continuing a conversational exchange; "he growled his reply"
7. response - noun
· the manner in which an electrical or mechanical device responds to an input signal or a range of input signals
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.