Dictionary Results for resistance|
1. resistance - noun
· the action of opposing something that you disapprove or disagree with; "he encountered a general feeling of resistance from many citizens"; "despite opposition from the newspapers he went ahead"
2. resistance - noun
· any mechanical force that tends to retard or oppose motion
3. resistance - noun
· a material's opposition to the flow of electric current; measured in ohms
Synonym(s): electric_resistance, electrical_resistance, impedance, resistivity, ohmic_resistance
4. resistance - noun
· the military action of resisting the enemy's advance; "the enemy offered little resistance"
Hypernym(s): military_action, action
5. resistance - noun
· (medicine) the condition in which an organism can resist disease
Hypernym(s): condition, status
6. resistance - noun
· the capacity of an organism to defend itself against harmful environmental agents; "these trees are widely planted because of their resistance to salt and smog"
Hypernym(s): capability, capacity
7. resistance - noun
· a secret group organized to overthrow a government or occupation force
8. resistance - noun
· the degree of unresponsiveness of a disease-causing microorganism to antibiotics or other drugs (as in penicillin-resistant bacteria)
Hypernym(s): unresponsiveness, deadness
9. resistance - noun
· (psychiatry) an unwillingness to bring repressed feelings into conscious awareness
Hypernym(s): unwillingness, involuntariness
10. resistance - noun
· an electrical device that resists the flow of electrical current
11. resistance - noun
· group action in opposition to those in power
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.