1. relieve - verb
· provide physical relief, as from pain; "This pill will relieve your headaches"
2. relieve - verb
· free someone temporarily from his or her obligations
3. relieve - verb
· grant relief or an exemption from a rule or requirement to; "She exempted me from the exam"
4. relieve - verb
· lessen the intensity of or calm; "The news eased my conscience"; "still the fears"
5. relieve - verb
· save from ruin, destruction, or harm
6. relieve - verb
· relieve oneself of troubling information
7. relieve - verb
· provide relief for; "remedy his illness"
8. relieve - verb
· free from a burden, evil, or distress
9. relieve - verb
· take by stealing; "The thief relieved me of $100"
10. relieve - verb
· grant exemption or release to; "Please excuse me from this class"
11. relieve - verb
· alleviate or remove (pressure or stress) or make less oppressive; "relieve the pressure and the stress"; "lighten the burden of caring for her elderly parents"
12. relieved - adjective
· (of pain or sorrow) made easier to bear
13. relieved - adjective
· extending out above or beyond a surface or boundary; "the jutting limb of a tree"; "massive projected buttresses"; "his protruding ribs"; "a pile of boards sticking over the end of his truck"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.