Dictionary Results for regard|
1. regard - noun
· (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point; "it differs in that respect"
Hypernym(s): detail, item, point
2. regard - noun
· paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people); "his attentiveness to her wishes"; "he spends without heed to the consequences"
Synonym(s): attentiveness, heed, paying_attention
Hypernym(s): attention, attending
3. regard - noun
· (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare; "give him my kind regards"; "my best wishes"
Synonym(s): wish, compliments
Hypernym(s): greeting, salutation
4. regard - noun
· a long fixed look; "he fixed his paternal gaze on me"
5. regard - noun
· the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded); "it is held in esteem"; "a man who has earned high regard"
Synonym(s): esteem, respect
Hypernym(s): honor, honour, laurels
6. regard - noun
· a feeling of friendship and esteem; "she mistook his manly regard for love"; "he inspires respect"
Hypernym(s): affection, affectionateness, fondness, tenderness, heart, warmness, warmheartedness, philia
7. regard - noun
· an attitude of admiration or esteem; "she lost all respect for him"
Synonym(s): respect, esteem
Hypernym(s): attitude, mental_attitude
8. regard - verb
· deem to be; "She views this quite differently from me"; "I consider her to be shallow"; "I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do"
Synonym(s): see, consider, reckon, view
Hypernym(s): think, believe, consider, conceive
9. regard - verb
· look at attentively
10. regard - verb
· connect closely and often incriminatingly; "This new ruling affects your business"
Synonym(s): involve, affect
Hypernym(s): refer, pertain, relate, concern, come_to, bear_on, touch, touch_on, have_to_do_with
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.