1. refine - verb
· improve or perfect by pruning or polishing; "refine one's style of writing"
2. refine - verb
· make more complex, intricate, or richer; "refine a design or pattern"
3. refine - verb
· treat or prepare so as to put in a usable condition; "refine paper stock"; "refine pig iron"; "refine oil"
4. refine - verb
· reduce to a fine, unmixed, or pure state; separate from extraneous matter or cleanse from impurities; "refine sugar"
5. refine - verb
· attenuate or reduce in vigor, strength, or intensity by polishing or purifying; "many valuable nutrients are refined out of the foods in our modern diet"
6. refine - verb
· make more precise or increase the discriminatory powers of; "refine a method of analysis"; "refine the constant in the equation"
7. refined - adjective
· (used of persons and their behavior) cultivated and genteel; "she was delicate and refined and unused to hardship"; "refined people with refined taste"
8. refined - adjective
· freed from impurities by processing; "refined sugar"; "refined oil"; "to gild refined gold"- Shakespeare
9. refined - adjective
· showing a high degree of refinement and the assurance that comes from wide social experience; "his polished manner"; "maintained an urbane tone in his letters"
10. refined - adjective
· precise to a fine degree; "due to the limitations of the available tools, a more refined analysis of the data may be necessary"
11. refined - adjective
· suggesting taste, ease, and wealth
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.