1. reduce - verb
· cut down on; make a reduction in; "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
2. reduce - verb
· make less complex; "reduce a problem to a single question"
3. reduce - verb
· bring to humbler or weaker state or condition; "He reduced the population to slavery"
4. reduce - verb
· simplify the form of a mathematical equation of expression by substituting one term for another
5. reduce - verb
· lower in grade or rank or force somebody into an undignified situation; "She reduced her niece to a servant"
6. reduce - verb
· be the essential element; "The proposal boils down to a compromise"
7. reduce - verb
· reduce in size; reduce physically; "Hot water will shrink the sweater"; "Can you shrink this image?"
8. reduce - verb
· lessen and make more modest; "reduce one's standard of living"
9. reduce - verb
· make smaller; "reduce an image"
10. reduce - verb
· to remove oxygen from a compound, or cause to react with hydrogen or form a hydride, or to undergo an increase in the number of electrons
11. reduce - verb
· narrow or limit; "reduce the influx of foreigners"
12. reduce - verb
· put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
13. reduce - verb
· undergo meiosis; "The cells reduce"
14. reduce - verb
· reposition (a broken bone after surgery) back to its normal site
15. reduce - verb
· destress and thus weaken a sound when pronouncing it
16. reduce - verb
· reduce in scope while retaining essential elements; "The manuscript must be shortened"
17. reduce - verb
· be cooked until very little liquid is left; "The sauce should reduce to one cup"
18. reduce - verb
· cook until very little liquid is left; "The cook reduced the sauce by boiling it for a long time"
19. reduce - verb
· lessen the strength or flavor of a solution or mixture; "cut bourbon"
20. reduce - verb
· take off weight
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.