Dictionary Results for received|
1. receive - verb
· get something; come into possession of; "receive payment"; "receive a gift"; "receive letters from the front"
Hypernym(s): get, acquire
2. receive - verb
· receive a specified treatment (abstract); "These aspects of civilization do not find expression or receive an interpretation"; "His movie received a good review"; "I got nothing but trouble for my good intentions"
Synonym(s): get, find, obtain, incur
3. receive - verb
· register (perceptual input); "pick up a signal"
Hypernym(s): perceive, comprehend
4. receive - verb
· go through (mental or physical states or experiences); "get an idea"; "experience vertigo"; "get nauseous"; "receive injuries"; "have a feeling"
Synonym(s): experience, have, get
5. receive - verb
· express willingness to have in one's home or environs; "The community warmly received the refugees"
Synonym(s): take_in, invite
6. receive - verb
· accept as true or valid; "He received Christ"
7. receive - verb
· bid welcome to; greet upon arrival
Hypernym(s): greet, recognize, recognise
8. receive - verb
· convert into sounds or pictures; "receive the incoming radio signals"
9. receive - verb
· experience as a reaction; "My proposal met with much opposition"
Synonym(s): meet, encounter
Hypernym(s): have, experience
10. receive - verb
· have or give a reception; "The lady is receiving Sunday morning"
Hypernym(s): celebrate, fete
11. receive - verb
· receive as a retribution or punishment; "He got 5 years in prison"
12. receive - verb
· partake of the Holy Eucharist sacrament
Hypernym(s): partake, touch
13. receive - verb
· regard favorably or with disapproval; "Her new collection of poems was not well received"
Hypernym(s): see, consider, reckon, view, regard
14. received - adjective
· conforming to the established language usage of educated native speakers; "standard English" (American); "received standard English is sometimes called the King's English" (British)
15. received - adjective
· widely accepted as true or worthy; "a received moral idea"; "Received political wisdom says not; surveys show otherwise"- Economist
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.