Dictionary Results for quarters|
1. quarters - noun
· housing available for people to live in; "he found quarters for his family"; "I visited his bachelor quarters"
Hypernym(s): housing, lodging, living_accommodations
2. quarter - noun
· one of four equal parts; "a quarter of a pound"
Synonym(s): one-fourth, fourth, one-quarter, fourth_part, twenty-five_percent, quartern
Hypernym(s): common_fraction, simple_fraction
3. quarter - noun
· a district of a city having some distinguishing character; "the Latin Quarter"
4. quarter - noun
· (football, professional basketball) one of four divisions into which some games are divided; "both teams scored in the first quarter"
Hypernym(s): part, section, division
5. quarter - noun
· a unit of time equal to 15 minutes or a quarter of an hour; "it's a quarter til 4"; "a quarter after 4 o'clock"
Hypernym(s): time_unit, unit_of_time
6. quarter - noun
· one of four periods into which the school year is divided; "the fall quarter ends at Christmas"
Hypernym(s): school_term, academic_term, academic_session, session
7. quarter - noun
· a fourth part of a year; three months; "unemployment fell during the last quarter"
Hypernym(s): time_period, period_of_time, period
8. quarter - noun
· one of the four major division of the compass; "the wind is coming from that quarter"
9. quarter - noun
· a quarter of a hundredweight (25 pounds)
10. quarter - noun
· a quarter of a hundredweight (28 pounds)
Hypernym(s): British_capacity_unit, Imperial_capacity_unit
11. quarter - noun
· a United States or Canadian coin worth one fourth of a dollar; "he fed four quarters into the slot machine"
12. quarter - noun
· an unspecified person; "he dropped a word in the right quarter"
Hypernym(s): person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
13. quarter - noun
· the rear part of a ship
Synonym(s): stern, after_part, poop, tail
Hypernym(s): rear, back
14. quarter - noun
· piece of leather that comprises the part of a shoe or boot covering the heel and joining the vamp
15. quarter - noun
· clemency or mercy shown to a defeated opponent; "he surrendered but asked for quarter"
Hypernym(s): clemency, mercifulness, mercy
16. quarter - verb
· provide housing for (military personnel)
Synonym(s): billet, canton
Hypernym(s): lodge, accommodate
17. quarter - verb
· pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him; "in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for certain crimes"
Synonym(s): draw, draw_and_quarter
18. quarter - verb
· divide into quarters; "quarter an apple"
Hypernym(s): segment, section
19. quarter - verb
· divide by four; divide into quarters
Hypernym(s): divide, fraction
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.