Dictionary Results for puffed|
1. puff - verb
· smoke and exhale strongly; "puff a cigar"; "whiff a pipe"
2. puff - verb
· suck in or take (air); "draw a deep breath"; "draw on a cigarette"
Synonym(s): drag, draw
Hypernym(s): inhale, inspire, breathe_in
3. puff - verb
· breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted; "The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily"
Synonym(s): pant, gasp, heave
4. puff - verb
· make proud or conceited; "The sudden fame puffed her ego"
Hypernym(s): elate, lift_up, uplift, pick_up, intoxicate
5. puff - verb
· praise extravagantly; "The critics puffed up this Broadway production"
6. puff - verb
· speak in a blustering or scornful manner; "A puffing kind of man"
Hypernym(s): boast, tout, swash, shoot_a_line, brag, gas, blow, bluster, vaunt, gasconade
7. puff - verb
· to swell or cause to enlarge; "Her faced puffed up from the drugs"; "puffed out chests"
Synonym(s): puff_up, blow_up, puff_out
Hypernym(s): swell, swell_up, intumesce, tumefy, tumesce
8. puff - verb
· blow hard and loudly; "he huffed and puffed as he made his way up the mountain"
Synonym(s): huff, chuff
9. puffed - adjective
· gathered for protruding fullness; "puff sleeves"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.