1. prove - verb
· be shown or be found to be; "She proved to be right"; "The medicine turned out to save her life"; "She turned up HIV positive"
2. prove - verb
· establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
3. prove - verb
· provide evidence for; "The blood test showed that he was the father"; "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
4. prove - verb
· prove formally; demonstrate by a mathematical, formal proof
5. prove - verb
· put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
6. prove - verb
· increase in volume; "the dough rose slowly in the warm room"
7. prove - verb
· cause to puff up with a leaven; "unleavened bread"
8. prove - verb
· take a trial impression of
9. prove - verb
· obtain probate of; "prove a will"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.