Dictionary Results for prove|
1. prove - verb
· be shown or be found to be; "She proved to be right"; "The medicine turned out to save her life"; "She turned up HIV positive"
Synonym(s): turn_out, turn_up
2. prove - verb
· establish the validity of something, as by an example, explanation or experiment; "The experiment demonstrated the instability of the compound"; "The mathematician showed the validity of the conjecture"
Synonym(s): demonstrate, establish, show, shew
Hypernym(s): confirm, corroborate, sustain, substantiate, support, affirm
3. prove - verb
· provide evidence for; "The blood test showed that he was the father"; "Her behavior testified to her incompetence"
Synonym(s): testify, bear_witness, evidence, show
4. prove - verb
· prove formally; demonstrate by a mathematical, formal proof
Hypernym(s): prove, demonstrate, establish, show, shew
5. prove - verb
· put to the test, as for its quality, or give experimental use to; "This approach has been tried with good results"; "Test this recipe"
Synonym(s): test, try, try_out, examine, essay
Hypernym(s): evaluate, pass_judgment, judge
6. prove - verb
· increase in volume; "the dough rose slowly in the warm room"
7. prove - verb
· cause to puff up with a leaven; "unleavened bread"
Synonym(s): raise, leaven
Hypernym(s): raise, lift, elevate, get_up, bring_up
8. prove - verb
· take a trial impression of
Hypernym(s): print, impress
9. prove - verb
· obtain probate of; "prove a will"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.