1. prophylactic - noun
· remedy that prevents or slows the course of an illness or disease; "the doctor recommended several preventatives"
2. prophylactic - noun
· contraceptive device consisting of a sheath of thin rubber or latex that is worn over the penis during intercourse
3. prophylactic - adjective
· capable of preventing conception or impregnation; "contraceptive devices and medications"
4. prophylactic - adjective
· warding off; "the swastika...a very ancient prophylactic symbol occurring among all peoples"- Victor Schultze
5. prophylactic - adjective
· preventing or contributing to the prevention of disease; "preventive medicine"; "vaccines are prophylactic"; "a prophylactic drug"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.