1. prompt - noun
· a cue given to a performer (usually the beginning of the next line to be spoken); "the audience could hear his prompting"
2. prompt - noun
· (computer science) a symbol that appears on the computer screen to indicate that the computer is ready to receive a command
3. prompt - verb
· give an incentive for action; "This moved me to sacrifice my career"
4. prompt - verb
· serve as the inciting cause of; "She prompted me to call my relatives"
5. prompt - verb
· assist (somebody acting or reciting) by suggesting the next words of something forgotten or imperfectly learned
6. prompt - adjective
· according to schedule or without delay; on time; "the train is prompt"
7. prompt - adjective
· ready and willing or quick to act; "she is always prompt to help her friends"
8. prompt - adjective
· performed with little or no delay; "an immediate reply to my letter"; "a prompt reply"; "was quick to respond"; "a straightaway denial"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.