1. promise - noun
· a verbal commitment by one person to another agreeing to do (or not to do) something in the future
2. promise - noun
· grounds for feeling hopeful about the future; "there is little or no promise that he will recover"
3. promise - verb
· make a promise or commitment
4. promise - verb
· promise to undertake or give; "I promise you my best effort"
5. promise - verb
· make a prediction about; tell in advance; "Call the outcome of an election"
6. promise - verb
· give grounds for expectations; "The new results were promising"; "The results promised fame and glory"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.