1. proceeding - noun
· (law) the institution of a sequence of steps by which legal judgments are invoked
2. proceed - verb
· continue talking; "`I know it's hard', he continued, `but there is no choice'"; "carry on--pretend we are not in the room"
3. proceed - verb
· move ahead; travel onward in time or space; "We proceeded towards Washington"; "She continued in the direction of the hills"; "We are moving ahead in time now"
4. proceed - verb
· follow a procedure or take a course; "We should go farther in this matter"; "She went through a lot of trouble"; "go about the world in a certain manner"; "Messages must go through diplomatic channels"
5. proceed - verb
· follow a certain course; "The inauguration went well"; "how did your interview go?"
6. proceed - verb
· continue a certain state, condition, or activity; "Keep on working!"; "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.