Dictionary Results for priming|
1. priming - noun
· the act of making something ready
Hypernym(s): preparation, readying
2. priming - noun
· any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a propellant
Synonym(s): fuse, fuze, fusee, fuzee, primer
Hypernym(s): lighter, light, igniter, ignitor
3. priming - noun
· the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface
Synonym(s): flat_coat, ground, primer, primer_coat, priming_coat, undercoat
4. prime - verb
· insert a primer into (a gun, mine, or charge) preparatory to detonation or firing; "prime a cannon"; "prime a mine"
Hypernym(s): fix, prepare, set_up, ready, gear_up, set
5. prime - verb
· cover with a primer; apply a primer to
Synonym(s): ground, undercoat
6. prime - verb
· fill with priming liquid; "prime a car engine"
Hypernym(s): fill, fill_up, make_full
7. prim - verb
· assume a prim appearance; "They mince and prim"
8. prim - verb
· contract one's lips; "She primmed her lips after every bite of food"
Hypernym(s): compress, constrict, squeeze, compact, contract, press
9. prim - verb
· dress primly
Synonym(s): prim_up, prim_out
Hypernym(s): dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit_out, apparel
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.