Dictionary Results for prime|
1. prime - noun
· a natural number that has exactly two distinct natural number divisors: 1 and itself
2. prime - noun
· the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
Synonym(s): flower, peak, heyday, bloom, blossom, efflorescence, flush
Hypernym(s): time_period, period_of_time, period
3. prime - noun
· the second canonical hour; about 6 a.m.
4. prime - noun
· the time of maturity when power and vigor are greatest
Hypernym(s): adulthood, maturity
5. prime - verb
· insert a primer into (a gun, mine, or charge) preparatory to detonation or firing; "prime a cannon"; "prime a mine"
Hypernym(s): fix, prepare, set_up, ready, gear_up, set
6. prime - verb
· cover with a primer; apply a primer to
Synonym(s): ground, undercoat
7. prime - verb
· fill with priming liquid; "prime a car engine"
Hypernym(s): fill, fill_up, make_full
8. prime - adjective
· first in rank or degree; "an architect of premier rank"; "the prime minister"
9. prime - adjective
· used of the first or originating agent; "prime mover"
10. prime - adjective
· of superior grade; "choice wines"; "prime beef"; "prize carnations"; "quality paper"; "select peaches"
Synonym(s): choice, prize, quality, select
11. prime - adjective
· of or relating to or being an integer that cannot be factored into other integers; "prime number"
12. prime - adjective
· being at the best stage of development; "our manhood's prime vigor"- Robert Browning
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.