1. prime - noun
· a natural number that has exactly two distinct natural number divisors: 1 and itself
2. prime - noun
· the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
3. prime - noun
· the second canonical hour; about 6 a.m.
4. prime - noun
· the time of maturity when power and vigor are greatest
5. prime - verb
· insert a primer into (a gun, mine, or charge) preparatory to detonation or firing; "prime a cannon"; "prime a mine"
6. prime - verb
· cover with a primer; apply a primer to
7. prime - verb
· fill with priming liquid; "prime a car engine"
8. prime - adjective
· first in rank or degree; "an architect of premier rank"; "the prime minister"
9. prime - adjective
· used of the first or originating agent; "prime mover"
10. prime - adjective
· of superior grade; "choice wines"; "prime beef"; "prize carnations"; "quality paper"; "select peaches"
11. prime - adjective
· of or relating to or being an integer that cannot be factored into other integers; "prime number"
12. prime - adjective
· being at the best stage of development; "our manhood's prime vigor"- Robert Browning
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.