Dictionary Results for pocket|
1. pocket - noun
· a small pouch inside a garment for carrying small articles
2. pocket - noun
· an enclosed space; "the trapped miners found a pocket of air"
Synonym(s): pouch, sac, sack
Hypernym(s): cavity, enclosed_space
3. pocket - noun
· a supply of money; "they dipped into the taxpayers' pockets"
Hypernym(s): funds, finances, monetary_resource, cash_in_hand, pecuniary_resource
4. pocket - noun
· (bowling) the space between the headpin and the pins behind it on the right or left; "the ball hit the pocket and gave him a perfect strike"
5. pocket - noun
· a hollow concave shape made by removing something
Hypernym(s): concave_shape, concavity, incurvation, incurvature
6. pocket - noun
· a local region of low pressure or descending air that causes a plane to lose height suddenly
Synonym(s): air_pocket, air_hole
7. pocket - noun
· a small isolated group of people; "they were concentrated in pockets inside the city"; "the battle was won except for cleaning up pockets of resistance"
8. pocket - noun
· (anatomy) saclike structure in any of various animals (as a marsupial or gopher or pelican)
9. pocket - noun
· an opening at the corner or on the side of a billiard table into which billiard balls are struck
Hypernym(s): opening, gap
10. pocket - verb
· put in one's pocket; "He pocketed the change"
11. pocket - verb
· take unlawfully
Hypernym(s): steal, rip_off, rip
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.