Dictionary Results for plunge|
1. plunge - noun
· a brief swim in water
Hypernym(s): swimming, swim
2. plunge - noun
· a steep and rapid fall
Hypernym(s): drop, fall
3. plunge - verb
· thrust or throw into; "Immerse yourself in hot water"
Hypernym(s): penetrate, perforate
4. plunge - verb
· drop steeply; "the stock market plunged"
Synonym(s): dive, plunk
Hypernym(s): descend, fall, go_down, come_down
5. plunge - verb
· dash violently or with great speed or impetuosity; "She plunged at it eagerly"
Hypernym(s): dart, dash, scoot, scud, flash, shoot
6. plunge - verb
· begin with vigor; "He launched into a long diatribe"; "She plunged into a dangerous adventure"
Hypernym(s): get_down, begin, get, start_out, start, set_about, set_out, commence
7. plunge - verb
· cause to be immersed; "The professor plunged his students into the study of the Italian text"
8. plunge - verb
· fall abruptly; "It plunged to the bottom of the well"
9. plunge - verb
· immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate; "dip the garment into the cleaning solution"; "dip the brush into the paint"
Synonym(s): dunk, dip, souse, douse
Hypernym(s): immerse, plunge
10. plunge - verb
· devote (oneself) fully to; "He immersed himself into his studies"
Synonym(s): steep, immerse, engulf, engross, absorb, soak_up
Hypernym(s): concentrate, focus, center, centre, pore, rivet
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.