Dictionary Results for plane|
1. plane - noun
· an aircraft that has a fixed wing and is powered by propellers or jets; "the flight was delayed due to trouble with the airplane"
Synonym(s): airplane, aeroplane
2. plane - noun
· (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape; "we will refer to the plane of the graph as the X-Y plane"; "any line joining two points on a plane lies wholly on that plane"
Hypernym(s): shape, form
3. plane - noun
· a level of existence or development; "he lived on a worldly plane"
Hypernym(s): degree, level, stage, point
4. plane - noun
· a power tool for smoothing or shaping wood
Synonym(s): planer, planing_machine
5. plane - noun
· a carpenter's hand tool with an adjustable blade for smoothing or shaping wood; "the cabinetmaker used a plane for the finish work"
Synonym(s): carpenter%27s_plane, woodworking_plane
Hypernym(s): edge_tool, hand_tool
6. plane - verb
· cut or remove with or as if with a plane; "The machine shaved off fine layers from the piece of wood"
7. plane - verb
· travel on the surface of water
8. plane - verb
· make even or smooth, with or as with a carpenter's plane; "plane the top of the door"
Hypernym(s): smooth, smoothen
9. plane - adjective
· having a surface without slope, tilt in which no part is higher or lower than another; "a flat desk"; "acres of level farmland"; "a plane surface"; "skirts sewn with fine flat seams"
Synonym(s): flat, level
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.