Dictionary Results for pilot|
1. pilot - noun
· someone who is licensed to operate an aircraft in flight
Hypernym(s): aviator, aeronaut, airman, flier, flyer
2. pilot - noun
· a person qualified to guide ships through difficult waters going into or out of a harbor
Hypernym(s): mariner, seaman, tar, Jack-tar, Jack, old_salt, seafarer, gob, sea_dog
3. pilot - noun
· a program exemplifying a contemplated series; intended to attract sponsors
Synonym(s): pilot_program, pilot_film
Hypernym(s): television_program, TV_program, television_show, TV_show
4. pilot - noun
· something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies; "this painting is a copy of the original"
Synonym(s): original, archetype
Hypernym(s): model, example
5. pilot - noun
· small auxiliary gas burner that provides a flame to ignite a larger gas burner
Synonym(s): pilot_burner, pilot_light
Hypernym(s): gas_burner, gas_jet
6. pilot - noun
· an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
Synonym(s): fender, buffer, cowcatcher
Hypernym(s): framework, frame
7. pilot - verb
· operate an airplane; "The pilot flew to Cuba"
Synonym(s): fly, aviate
Hypernym(s): operate, control
8. pilot - verb
· act as the navigator in a car, plane, or vessel and plan, direct, plot the path and position of the conveyance; "Is anyone volunteering to navigate during the trip?"; "Who was navigating the ship during the accident?"
Hypernym(s): steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.