Dictionary Results for pair|
1. pair - noun
· a set of two similar things considered as a unit
2. pair - noun
· two items of the same kind
Synonym(s): couple, twosome, twain, brace, span, yoke, couplet, distich, duo, duet, dyad, duad
Hypernym(s): two, 2, II, deuce
3. pair - noun
· two people considered as a unit
Hypernym(s): gathering, assemblage
4. pair - noun
· a poker hand with 2 cards of the same value
5. pair - verb
· form a pair or pairs; "The two old friends paired off"
Synonym(s): pair_off, partner_off, couple
Hypernym(s): unite, unify
6. pair - verb
· bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
Synonym(s): match, mate, couple, twin
7. pair - verb
· occur in pairs
8. pair - verb
· arrange in pairs; "Pair these numbers"
Hypernym(s): arrange, set_up
9. pair - verb
· engage in sexual intercourse; "Birds mate in the Spring"
Synonym(s): copulate, mate, couple
Hypernym(s): join, conjoin
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.