1. overturn - verb
· turn from an upright or normal position; "The big vase overturned"; "The canoe tumped over"
2. overturn - verb
· cause to overturn from an upright or normal position; "The cat knocked over the flower vase"; "the clumsy customer turned over the vase"; "he tumped over his beer"
3. overturn - verb
· rule against; "The Republicans were overruled when the House voted on the bill"
4. overturn - verb
· cause the downfall of; of rulers; "The Czar was overthrown"; "subvert the ruling class"
5. overturn - verb
· cancel officially; "He revoked the ban on smoking"; "lift an embargo"; "vacate a death sentence"
6. overturn - verb
· change radically; "E-mail revolutionized communication in academe"
7. overturned - adjective
· having been turned so that the bottom is no longer the bottom; "an overturned car"; "the upset pitcher of milk"; "sat on an upturned bucket"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.