Dictionary Results for medium|
1. medium - noun
· a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information
Hypernym(s): instrumentality, instrumentation
2. medium - noun
· the surrounding environment; "fish require an aqueous medium"
Hypernym(s): environment, environs, surroundings, surround
3. medium - noun
· an intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication
Hypernym(s): communication, communicating
4. medium - noun
· (bacteriology) a nutrient substance (solid or liquid) that is used to cultivate micro-organisms
Hypernym(s): food, nutrient
5. medium - noun
· a liquid with which pigment is mixed by a painter
6. medium - noun
· (biology) a substance in which specimens are preserved or displayed
7. medium - noun
· an intervening substance through which something is achieved; "the dissolving medium is called a solvent"
8. medium - noun
· a state that is intermediate between extremes; a middle position; "a happy medium"
9. medium - noun
· someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead; "he consulted several mediums"
Synonym(s): spiritualist, sensitive
10. medium - noun
· (usually plural) transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public
11. medium - noun
· an occupation for which you are especially well suited; "in law he found his true metier"
Hypernym(s): occupation, business, job, line_of_work, line
12. medium - adjective
· around the middle of a scale of evaluation; "an orange of average size"; "intermediate capacity"; "medium bombers"
Synonym(s): average, intermediate
13. medium - adjective
· (meat) cooked until there is just a little pink meat inside
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.