Dictionary Results for loss|
1. loss - noun
· something that is lost; "the car was a total loss"; "loss of livestock left the rancher bankrupt"
Hypernym(s): transferred_property, transferred_possession
2. loss - noun
· gradual decline in amount or activity; "weight loss"; "a serious loss of business"
Hypernym(s): decline, diminution
3. loss - noun
· the act of losing someone or something; "everyone expected him to win so his loss was a shock"
4. loss - noun
· the disadvantage that results from losing something; "his loss of credibility led to his resignation"; "losing him is no great deprivation"
5. loss - noun
· the experience of losing a loved one; "he sympathized on the loss of their grandfather"
6. loss - noun
· the amount by which the cost of a business exceeds its revenue; "the company operated at a loss last year"; "the company operated in the red last year"
Synonym(s): red_ink, red
Hypernym(s): sum, sum_of_money, amount, amount_of_money
7. loss - noun
· military personnel lost by death or capture
8. loss - noun
· euphemistic expressions for death; "thousands mourned his passing"
Synonym(s): passing, departure, exit, expiration, going, release
Hypernym(s): death, decease, expiry
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.