Dictionary Results for liquid|
1. liquid - noun
· a substance that is liquid at room temperature and pressure
2. liquid - noun
· the state in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow with little or no tendency to disperse and relatively high incompressibility
Synonym(s): liquidness, liquidity, liquid_state
Hypernym(s): state_of_matter, state
3. liquid - noun
· fluid matter having no fixed shape but a fixed volume
4. liquid - noun
· a frictionless continuant that is not a nasal consonant (especially `l' and `r')
5. liquid - adjective
· existing as or having characteristics of a liquid; especially tending to flow; "water and milk and blood are liquid substances"
Antonym(s): gaseous, solid
6. liquid - adjective
· filled or brimming with tears; "swimming eyes"; "sorrow made the eyes of many grow liquid"
7. liquid - adjective
· clear and bright; "the liquid air of a spring morning"; "eyes shining with a liquid luster"; "limpid blue eyes"
8. liquid - adjective
· changed from a solid to a liquid state; "rivers filled to overflowing by melted snow"
Synonym(s): melted, liquified
9. liquid - adjective
· smooth and flowing in quality; entirely free of harshness; "the liquid song of a robin"
10. liquid - adjective
· smooth and unconstrained in movement; "a long, smooth stride"; "the fluid motion of a cat"; "the liquid grace of a ballerina"
Synonym(s): fluent, fluid, smooth
11. liquid - adjective
· in cash or easily convertible to cash; "liquid (or fluid) assets"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.