Dictionary Results for lighting|
1. lighting - noun
· having abundant light or illumination; "they played as long as it was light"; "as long as the lighting was good"
2. lighting - noun
· apparatus for supplying artificial light effects for the stage or a film
Hypernym(s): apparatus, setup
3. lighting - noun
· the craft of providing artificial light; "an interior decorator must understand lighting"
Hypernym(s): interior_decoration, interior_decorating
4. lighting - noun
· the act of setting something on fire
Synonym(s): ignition, firing, kindling, inflammation
Hypernym(s): burning, combustion
5. light - verb
· make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit"
Synonym(s): illume, illumine, light_up, illuminate
Hypernym(s): lighten, lighten_up
6. light - verb
· begin to smoke; "After the meal, some of the diners lit up"
Synonym(s): light_up, fire_up
Hypernym(s): ignite, light
7. light - verb
· to come to rest, settle; "Misfortune lighted upon him"
Synonym(s): alight, perch
Hypernym(s): land, set_down
8. light - verb
· cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat; "Great heat can ignite almost any dry matter"; "Light a cigarette"
Hypernym(s): burn, combust
9. light - verb
· fall to somebody by assignment or lot; "The task fell to me"; "It fell to me to notify the parents of the victims"
Hypernym(s): fall, return, pass, devolve
10. light - verb
· alight from (a horse)
Synonym(s): unhorse, dismount, get_off, get_down
Hypernym(s): descend, fall, go_down, come_down
11. light - verb
· start or maintain a fire in; "fire the furnace"
Synonym(s): fire, ignite
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.