Dictionary Results for lighted|
1. light - verb
· make lighter or brighter; "This lamp lightens the room a bit"
Synonym(s): illume, illumine, light_up, illuminate
Hypernym(s): lighten, lighten_up
2. light - verb
· begin to smoke; "After the meal, some of the diners lit up"
Synonym(s): light_up, fire_up
Hypernym(s): ignite, light
3. light - verb
· to come to rest, settle; "Misfortune lighted upon him"
Synonym(s): alight, perch
Hypernym(s): land, set_down
4. light - verb
· cause to start burning; subject to fire or great heat; "Great heat can ignite almost any dry matter"; "Light a cigarette"
Hypernym(s): burn, combust
5. light - verb
· fall to somebody by assignment or lot; "The task fell to me"; "It fell to me to notify the parents of the victims"
Hypernym(s): fall, return, pass, devolve
6. light - verb
· alight from (a horse)
Synonym(s): unhorse, dismount, get_off, get_down
Hypernym(s): descend, fall, go_down, come_down
7. light - verb
· start or maintain a fire in; "fire the furnace"
Synonym(s): fire, ignite
8. lighted - adjective
· set afire or burning; "the lighted candles"; "a lighted cigarette"; "a lit firecracker"
9. lighted - adjective
· provided with artificial light; "illuminated advertising"; "looked up at the lighted windows"; "a brightly lit room"; "a well-lighted stairwell"
Synonym(s): illuminated, lit, well-lighted
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.