Dictionary Results for large|
1. large - noun
· a garment size for a large person
2. large - adjective
· above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a large city"; "set out for the big city"; "a large sum"; "a big (or large) barn"; "a large family"; "big businesses"; "a big expenditure"; "a large number of newspapers"; "a big group of scientists"; "large areas of the world"
3. large - adjective
· fairly large or important in effect; influential; "played a large role in the negotiations"
4. large - adjective
· ostentatiously lofty in style; "a man given to large talk"; "tumid political prose"
Synonym(s): bombastic, declamatory, orotund, tumid, turgid
5. large - adjective
· generous and understanding and tolerant; "a heart big enough to hold no grudges"; "that's very big of you to be so forgiving"; "a large and generous spirit"; "a large heart"; "magnanimous toward his enemies"
Synonym(s): big, magnanimous
6. large - adjective
· conspicuous in position or importance; "a big figure in the movement"; "big man on campus"; "he's very large in financial circles"; "a prominent citizen"
Synonym(s): big, prominent
7. large - adjective
· having broad power and range and scope; "taking the large view"; "a large effect"; "a large sympathy"
8. large - adjective
· in an advanced stage of pregnancy; "was big with child"; "was great with child"
Synonym(s): big, enceinte, expectant, gravid, great, heavy, with_child
9. large - adverb
· at a distance, wide of something (as of a mark)
10. large - adverb
· with the wind abaft the beam; "a ship sailing large"
11. large - adverb
· in a boastful manner; "he talked big all evening"
Synonym(s): boastfully, vauntingly, big
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.