Dictionary Results for hammer|
1. hammer - noun
· the part of a gunlock that strikes the percussion cap when the trigger is pulled
2. hammer - noun
· a hand tool with a heavy rigid head and a handle; used to deliver an impulsive force by striking
3. hammer - noun
· the ossicle attached to the eardrum
4. hammer - noun
· a light drumstick with a rounded head that is used to strike such percussion instruments as chimes, kettledrums, marimbas, glockenspiels, etc.
5. hammer - noun
· a heavy metal sphere attached to a flexible wire; used in the hammer throw
6. hammer - noun
· a striker that is covered in felt and that causes the piano strings to vibrate
7. hammer - noun
· a power tool for drilling rocks
8. hammer - noun
· the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows); "the sudden hammer of fists caught him off guard"; "the pounding of feet on the hallway"
Synonym(s): pound, hammering, pounding
9. hammer - verb
· beat with or as if with a hammer; "hammer the metal flat"
10. hammer - verb
· create by hammering; "hammer the silver into a bowl"; "forge a pair of tongues"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.