Dictionary Results for gray|
1. gray - noun
· a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
Synonym(s): grayness, grey, greyness
Hypernym(s): achromatic_color, achromatic_colour
2. gray - noun
· clothing that is a grey color; "he was dressed in grey"
Hypernym(s): clothing, article_of_clothing, vesture, wear, wearable, habiliment
3. gray - noun
· any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey; "the Confederate army was a vast grey"
Hypernym(s): organization, organisation
4. gray - noun
· horse of a light gray or whitish color
Hypernym(s): saddle_horse, riding_horse, mount
5. gray - noun
· the SI unit of energy absorbed from ionizing radiation; equal to the absorption of one joule of radiation energy by one kilogram of matter; one gray equals 100 rad
6. gray - noun
· English radiobiologist in whose honor the gray (the SI unit of energy for the absorbed dose of radiation) was named (1905-1965)
Synonym(s): Gray, Louis_Harold_Gray
7. gray - noun
· English poet best known for his elegy written in a country churchyard (1716-1771)
Synonym(s): Gray, Thomas_Gray
8. gray - noun
· American navigator who twice circumnavigated the globe and who discovered the Columbia River (1755-1806)
Synonym(s): Gray, Robert_Gray
9. gray - noun
· United States botanist who specialized in North American flora and who was an early supporter of Darwin's theories of evolution (1810-1888)
Synonym(s): Gray, Asa_Gray
10. gray - verb
· make grey; "The painter decided to grey the sky"
Hypernym(s): color, colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color_in, colour_in
11. gray - verb
· turn grey; "Her hair began to grey"
Hypernym(s): discolor, discolour, colour, color
12. gray - adjective
· of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black; "the little grey cells"; "gray flannel suit"; "a man with greyish hair"
Synonym(s): grey, greyish, grayish
13. gray - adjective
· showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; "nodded his hoary head"
Synonym(s): grey, grey-haired, gray-haired, grey-headed, gray-headed, grizzly, hoar, hoary, white-haired
14. gray - adjective
· used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms); "a stalwart grey figure"
15. gray - adjective
· intermediate in character or position; "a grey area between clearly legal and strictly illegal"
or unscramble the word you need to complete that puzzle or to finish that
project or homework!
letters to unscramble the word
synonyms, antonyms and related words
word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
word to find the rhymes
letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.